BetaDen, Worcestershire’s first technology accelerator, has announced the latest cohort of early-stage technology companies to join its six-month programme.
The seven companies joining BetaDen Cohort 6.0 in September are developing technologies ranging from aerial intelligence, anti-money-laundering compliance software for banks and FinTech companies, supply chain Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) management, to mental and wellbeing platforms for young adults and schools.
BetaDen offers early-stage technology businesses a free six-month programme of support worth £50,000 to accelerate their path to commercial success through an attractive package including: a £10,000 proof-of-concept grant, a £2,000 marketing fund, access to Worcestershire’s 5G test bed, mentoring from a handpicked team of commercial and technology experts and free access to office space in Malvern Hills Science Park. BetaDen is distinctive in the sector as it does not take a financial stake in cohort businesses.
The companies joining Cohort 6.0 are:
• DX Compliance – online software that helps banks, FinTechs and payments providers to monitor the risk and detect the threat of money laundering to ensure compliance and reduce fines.
• High Compliance – a UK drone specialist offering drone and UAV technologies to gather useable and intelligent data for clients across the security, HSE, construction and events sectors.
• Hummingbird Design – a graduate of BetaDen North CleanTech Bootcamp, Hummingbird Design is developing a kinetic road/surface system that transforms potential energy in moving objects into electrical energy.
• He-Met – a technology stack for the efficient and safe measurement of hydrogen and other future energy sectors.
• Mindsafe Digital – an online platform offering mental and wellbeing services for schools and young adults.
• Secure Element – SaaS cybersecurity for the mobility eco-system.
• TRIPLE ESG – technology to help companies understand the environmental and social sustainability performance of companies in their supply chain.
Donston Powell, marketing and communications manager at BetaDen, commented:
‘’We are excited to welcome to BetaDen our sixth cohort of businesses seeking to disrupt their industries with innovative technology solutions. The technology scene is very much alive in the UK, and we are happy to have attracted some remarkable businesses to Worcestershire as part of this cohort.
At BetaDen, we are committed to helping technology businesses unleash their potential and hit their commercial milestones through our unique package of support. Since our launch we have helped more than 37 companies to develop into strong, investable entities, and we are looking forward to supporting this new cohort write their own commercial success stories.’’
BetaDen Cohort 6.0 runs from September 2022 to March 2023. Applications for the next cohort will open in 2023, however, companies are encouraged to register their interest by visiting www.beta-den.com