Whether for privacy concerns or because you no longer use the application, it may be necessary to delete his WhatsApp account. If you don’t know how to do it, we show you how to do it here.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging platforms in the world. Despite this, many people seek to move away from it. That’s why here we show you how to delete your WhatsApp account.
After all, there are plenty of alternatives that sometimes even offer richer functionality. These include Telegram, Signal, Line, or even iMessage on iOS devices, etc. If you are planning to leave this app behind, below are the steps on how to delete your account forever.
🤔 How to manually download WhatsApp chats and media before deleting an account?
If you just want to export some of the personal chats, you can do that very easily.
- Open a chat and tap the three-dot button.
- Tap More and select Export chat.
- Here you will be asked if you also want to include all files, photos, videos and other media that you have exchanged with your friend. You will then have the option to export the chat to Google Drive, Gmail or any other application.
👉 How to delete your WhatsApp account
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap More options > Settings > Account > Delete my account.
- Enter your phone number in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Select a reason you’re deleting your account from the drop-down menu.
- Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
Read: How to delete or deactivate your Instagram account
🧐 What happens if I delete my WhatsApp account?
Deleting your account on WhatsApp includes:
- Deleting your message history;
- Your deletion in all your WhatsApp groups;
- Deleting your Google Drive backup.
If you delete your account, you will not be able to regain access to your account. On the other hand, it may take up to 90 days from the start of the deletion process to delete your WhatsApp information.
Copies of your information may also remain after 90 days in backup storage in the event of disaster, software error or other cases of data loss. Your information is not accessible to you on WhatsApp during this time. This does not affect your information related to groups you have created or information that other users have about you, such as their copies of messages you have sent them.
Warning: WhatsApp indicates that some data is stored even after deleting your account, even if ” this data will be separated from any information allowing you to be identified, so that it is no longer linked to your account “. WhatsApp also reserves the right to retain your information for cases of “ legal issues, violation of conditions or in an effort to prevent risks ».
Read: How do I delete my Facebook Messenger account?
❌ How does your profile appear when you delete a WhatsApp account?
Your contacts will not be able to see your profile picture because it disappears after deleting a WhatsApp account. If someone finds your WhatsApp account using your name or phone number, they will only see an Invite button under your name.