News bon plan Graphics card: Nvidia sees its best card, the RTX 3090, ridiculed by its main competitor!
Between AMD and Nvidia, the war has been brewing for a long time. If a third player is now trying to find a place, the two manufacturers are currently the only ones able to equip gaming PCs with excellent graphics cards. But between the RTX 3090 and the RX 6900 XT and RX 6950 XT the performance is close, but the price is largely to AMD’s advantage!
The AMD RX 6900 XT and RX 6950 XT graphics cards are available at an excellent price at Amazon!
Two cards against one, but a glaring advantage for AMD: the price! Indeed, the RTX 3090 from Nvidia may have better performance in Ray Tracing than the RX 6900 XT, it is impossible for it to beat on price.
- At the time of writing, the cheapest version of the RTX 3090 is a Founders Edition sold on the Amazon marketplace for €977. When she is available, she is sold at 1199 € directly on the Nvidia site and this is a discount from the normal price.
Here we have custom versions of the RX 6900 XT and RX 6950 XT which are both available at an excellent price from Amazon.
- The most powerful, the RX 6950 XT is currently at its best price: 899 €.
For comparison, the base model from AMD is sold at 1265 €.
- The RX 6900 XT is available in reduction at only 799 €!
The price of the basic model is 999 €.
The base models, or Founders Edition, are the versions directly sold and manufactured by AMD and Nvidia. The custom versions (like here) are improved and offer many changes that generally make their price more expensive.
RX 6900 XT and RX 6950 XT: two high-end graphics cards to compete with Nvidia’s RTX 3090
From the company Pine Technology, which is based in Hong Kong, XFX is a brand that specializes in computer hardware and more mainly graphics cards, power supplies and motherboards. If, at the beginning, it only produced Nvidia graphics cards, it has since created mainly AMD GPUs.
This is particularly the case for the two cards we are talking about today: the RX 6950 XT and the RX 6900 XT.
- The RX 6950 XT is a direct competitor to the RTX 3090, which it slightly beats in terms of performance, but which it currently crushes in terms of price.
- The RX 6900 XT also has performance very close to the RTX 3090, but its relatively low performance in 4K with Ray Tracing activated makes it a little less attractive for gamers for whom the budget does not matter.
With both of these cards, you can clearly aim for Ultra settings in all the latest games, all while having 4K UHD resolution. As written above, however, Ray Tracing is not AMD’s strong point and the 6900 XT will prefer to use it at 1440p resolution. No problem on the other hand for the RX 6950 XT which will do wonderfully well.
Both cards have three fans for their cooling, and they will not be too much! They also both have 16 GB of graphics RAM.
The 6950 XT has a boosted frequency of 2368 MHz, while the 6900 XT is on a frequency of 1950 MHz which can be boosted up to 2365 MHz.
This page contains affiliate links to some products that JV has selected for you. Each purchase you make by clicking on one of these links will not cost you more, but the e-merchant will pay us a commission.