A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Sept. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Cogent Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire T-Mobile’s Wireline Business
As part of the agreement, in addition to the fiber network and related assets and customers, Cogent will acquire certain liabilities associated with the business.
- Algorand Protocol Upgrade Introduces State Proofs for Trustless Cross Chain Communication and 5x Faster Performance
The proof-of-stake, carbon-negative blockchain network rolls out quantum-secure interoperability, speeds of 6,000 transactions per second, and new best-in-class developer features.
- Case-Mate Unveils New Lineup of Stylish & Practical Mobile Accessories for iPhone 14
Staying true to Case-Mate’s roots, the new collection features premium, sustainable materials, stunning designs, plastic-free packaging, 10-foot (or higher) drop protection and antimicrobial technology.
- PolyAI raises $40m to enable enterprise voice assistants to speak like people
PolyAI has developed a proprietary suite of technologies that sound perfectly human, enabling voice assistants to understand callers no matter how they speak.
- Minority Equality Opportunities Acquisition Inc. Announces Merger with Hispanic-Led and founded Cloud Services Company Digerati Technologies
The all-stock transaction forms a company with an initial equity value of approximately $228 million translating into an enterprise value of approximately $145 millionassuming no redemptions from MEOA’s shareholders.
- This 7 Year Old Is Taking the NFT Space by Storm
Over the past two years, Marcus has been busy not only with integrating himself into the English school system but also with drawing pictures of his favorite animal, the noble ape.
- Instacart Doubles Down on Its Technology Solutions for Independently-Owned and Locally-Operated Grocers With Acquisition of Rosie
The acquisition brings Rosie’s e-commerce platform and team of experts to Instacart, giving local independent grocers access to a broader range of technology and fulfillment capabilities to grow their businesses.
- DailyPay Launches Friday™, the GPR Card and Mobile App, Powering No-Fee, Instant On-Demand Pay Transfers
With the Friday app, users can view and access their earned pay before payday, add the card to their mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay), have the opportunity to make in-store and online purchases, and manage their money and track spending, all in one mobile app.
- The Three Social Engineering Hacks your Company Should Prevent Now
Since 2020, Google has identified and delisted 2 million websites for launching phishing attacks—an army of nefarious websites that Cisco says have hit 86% of all global companies. In today’s climate, Integris warns companies to prepare for these three types of new attacks.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNbiztech on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNeta database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylinesfor media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire